Friday, August 1, 2008

Morph


One of the books I just finished reading is called, "Morph: The Texture of Leadership for Tomorrow's Church" by Ron Maroia. It has to be one of the best books on church leadership I have read. Realizing you have no interest in reading a 12 page blog that covers all material that impacted me, I decided to pick out one quote that might get a conversation going. Ron says, "Lifelong learning is much more than just reading a lot of books an staying current on the newest leadership releases. But all that reading and informational intake must incubate and then challenge our deeply held views of the world, humanity, God, and each other. I'm surprised how convinced I am that my view of God, doctrine, and the Bible is close to 100 percent accurate... I'm pretty certain that some of what I think is certain right now will probably prove incorrect." Are you views about God and how he works 100% accurate and set in concrete? Or could he possibly continue to reveal himself in new and creative ways that might be different than what we had originally thought? Are there dangers to this kind of thinking or is it more dangerous to not think this way? What do you think?

No comments: