Monday, August 11, 2008

The Well Community Church

I visited my last church of my sabbatical on Sunday. I went to a church in Fresno called "The Well". It said to be one of the fasted growing churches in Fresno. They are also a multi-site church that uses video teaching. Brad, their pastor, was teaching live at the service I attended. He spoke on John 9:1-41 (the healing of the blind man). Although I loved the teaching and the music, I was extremely impressed with their commitment to connect people (with God, with each other, and with those in their community). I have also heard that one of the reason they are growing so fast has to do with their commitment to leadership development. They have an extensive and multi-leveled strategy for equipping leaders from within their church family.

No comments: